Monday, March 3, 2014

 
March 2, 2014: Excalibur 10 Miler: I ran in 1:45:21. 
I had gotten new shoes on Wednesday... a new brand, one I have never worn.  I was reluctant to use them for the race, but I haven't gotten new running shoes in over a year and a half, so my old shoes were worn out and not supportive enough.  The staff at the running store recommended wearing the new shoes as much as possible between the time I brought them home and the time of the race, so they would comform a bit to my feet.  It seemed to work, as I am feeling pretty good today.  My knees are ok and my hip has only a little pain, I am guessing residual from the Disney race in January. 
I did factor up before the race, since it was a fairly big distance for me.

Video of Kim Philo finishing the Excaliber 10-Miler!

No comments:

Post a Comment