Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24, 2014

My son has been having difficulties (oozing, tummy aches, lack of appetite) while loosing a tooth. It finally fell out yesterday just as I found another loose one, which bled much heavier! He had been doing prophy with Feiba for the previous tooth, but this new loose one started while he had Feiba in his system, so I had to wait until it was gone before attempting Amicar. The Amicar did not slow the bleeding at all, so we added NovoSeven... Which, all you bleeders with inhibitors out there know, is a frequent infusion schedule... Every 3 hours! Well, the 1st dose stopped the bleeding, so we continued through the night with the NovoSeven. 
What does this have to do with marathon training, you may ask? Well, as I was giving Alex his treatments, I was kneeling next to him. Do you see where this is going? I "over bent" my knee, causing a bleed. I hope 1 dose will be enough, but it does prevent me from meeting up with my new running friends tonight. :( I have a scheduled charity bike ride this weekend that I don't want to miss, so I will be taking it easy the rest of this week. This is one of those examples of knowing your body and realizing the bigger picture. Catching it early, treating it early, and resting will hopefully get me back out there sooner than it used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment